5.14.2012

recent 'hatchings' from the nest:

Happy Monday friends, just thought I'd show y'all some recent custom creations I've been stitching here lately.
This is a custom lil' hoot that I had fun making:  a stuffed door.stop owl

I love the combination of lime.turquoise and grey plumage with wooden eyes for this piece.
It's a heavy lil' hoot too... packed full of river stones and gravel filler (3lbs maybe?). 
I'm glad I got him to stand up and do the job he was made for: guarding a nursery door. 
 
 This was a custom ordered bird mobile to go in the same nursery.
Sorry about the lighting, it's a playful combination of greens.turquoise and white... hanging from a natural branch.
----------------------------------------------------
And, these tweet hearts are waiting to fly under this white painted branch.
A custom order for an expectant mama shopping at GLOW maternity.
--------------------------------------

So there's a peak at recent works from this nest.

I still take custom orders, and if you have any ideas/questions about a special project you can always ask:
needleandnestdesign@live.com

Have a beauty day friends of a feather,
Mel ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Amazing color and fabric mixes!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  thank you Crissy! I'm a real sucker for those fresh palettes of lime/turquoise/cream for sure!  I keep hoarding them in fabric shopping trips! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if
    you know afterward you can write otherwise it is complicated to write.


    Stop by my site: where can i buy quantrim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!