5.09.2012

to vlog, or not to vlog...

...I'm going to need your help with this one friends.

Getting behind the microphone is scarier than getting in front of the camera for this mama.
I've been 'meaning' to make a vlog (video.blog) for months now... I even promised a friend I would in order to introduce Hudson to you fine feathered folks.
Now, I won't go back on my word, but a few fears have me procrastinating this post:

1.  Hearing my own voice is annoying!  I sound like Eeyore on helium...
2.  The thought of film editing... this mama does not have the time!
3.  Boring/scaring you off with my ramblings (since the way we talk is usually very different from how we write it seems...) 
So I need you to weigh in on this decision... what would you like to hear me mutter on about?

This is the one thing I hate about blogging - how one.sided it is - because if we were in a conversation I would be asking you questions, getting to know YOU... but here it's just me blah blah blah'ing.  (Which is why I love getting to know you if you comment!).  Anyway, all that to say, I do appreciate you coming here, and sharing in our journey.
And, if you're a newer reader, welcome!  You can learn more about me here.

Ok. Deep breaths.
I'm going to step up to the microphone.
It may not be pretty... and it sure as heck won't be edited!

I'll post a vlog by next week... hold me to it.

Now, if there's a question you'd like me to respond to.. leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail: needleandnestdesign@live.com!
I think I'm game to answer most any kind of query (.... I think...maybe...?!).

Just remember, before you encourage me to vlog,
'Eeyore.. on helium'... got it?
I warned you.

High fives you guys,
Mel ;o)

P.S.. Check out my wee film crew... they've got some skills:

6 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you when it comes to vloging. I kind of want to do it but am super terrified to! I'm not too sure why it's so scary I mean I talk to people everyday, hehe! I think you should go for it! And I will continue building up my courage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Hehe, thanks Amanda - if I do it.. then you got to too... double dog dare you! ;o)  It's funny but when I read other bloggers - it always is a HUGE shock to actually hear their voice in there - maybe I always read them in 'my voice' in my head... I dunno.  I'll be 'watching' you, c-c-c-courage my friend! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A question for your v-log..."How do you fit blogging and crafting/art/sewing into your busy mom schedule and when do you find the time? How do you make it work?" I'm always amazed by how much you do and wonder how I could ever fit it in...... 

    ReplyDelete
  4.  thanks Steph - that's a good one (and probably the question I get asked most often!).. I'll address it for sure. :o)  How are you feeling now??? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it... I can't wait to hear your voice!  It is the opposite of listening to a radio personality for years & then seeing their face... never quite as you imagined which makes it most fun.  Question.... hummmmm....... what is your love story, where did you & your hubby meet?  And how about are you a Beatle or a Rolling Stone?  Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Hehe, ok, thanks Danielle!  Happy weekend to you - and happy mama's day!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!